Skip to content
- Polyurethane sealers are most often mixed as a 2-component sealer, made of a liquid resin and a hardening chemical.
- Polyurethane sealers provide a thicker seal than single-component acrylic sealers.
- Can be used on decorative, stained or dyed floors or bare concrete.
- Provide excellent abrasion resistance and resist scuffing and marking from shoes and tires.
- Polyurethane sealers are good for high-traffic areas.
- Not subject to UV discoloration or yellowing.
- Polyurethane floor coatings require a dry, dirt, and dust-free surface for proper application and sealing.
- Moisture reacts with polyurethane resins and will cause frothing or bubbling, resulting in a poor finished product. Correction of this potential problem is time consuming, labor intensive, and expensive.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Polyurethane sealers are not breathable and may suffer from moisture migration from below the concrete surface. Polyurethanes are not recommended for floors that are subject to hydrostatic pressure. Water vapor or moisture will be trapped between the concrete and polyurethane coating and may causing blistering and delamination.
New: Instant Curing UV Urethane
- New DiamaPro UV is a single component, ultraviolet light cured, low VOC, aliphatic urethane that is highly water and chemical resistant, and adheres exceptionally well directly to concrete and other resinous flooring materials using no primer.
- DiamaPro UV offers outstanding durability against scratching and abrasion. Once cured it produces a high gloss image that is sharp and will not produce a blurred appearance. It incorporates a unique combination of an aliphatic urethane and photo initiator, while maintaining excellent chemical and UV ray protection.
- DiamaPro is UV cured as it is applied. There is no more effective or efficient concrete protection process. DiamaPro UV is a single-component protective coating—no mixing of multiple components is required, and errors resulting from improper mixing are eliminated. The aliphatic urethane coating contains a photo-initiator that acts as the catalyst when exposed to ultraviolet light for instant curing.
- The floor can return to full service immediately after installation.