Skip to content
- Much like finishing a fine piece of wood, diamond polished concrete floors are made smooth and shiny through a series of polishing steps.
- The process begins by removing any foreign materials such as adhesives from the floor along with repairing cracks and other mechanical or cosmetic imperfections that may be in the floor.
- The polishing begins with coarse diamonds (16 – 20 grit) gradually moving through a series of steps to very fine diamonds (1,500 – 3,000 grit). As the process continues to the fine diamonds, the level of gloss increases.
- The MJA Company will diamond-polish the floor to your specifications and deliver the level of smoothness and gloss that you prefer.
- During this process, special chemicals are used to harden and densify the concrete surface. This integrated sealer becomes a permanent part of the concrete, thus eliminating the need for additional sealers, polishes or waxes.