Skip to content
1. Diamond polished concrete floors are cleaner and less expensive to maintain.
- Diamond polished concrete eliminates concrete dusting that is common in unpolished floors. The result is less cleaning, lower maintenance cost and cleaner rooms from floor to ceiling. This is especially important in rooms that contain electronic and other devices that can sustain damage in dusty environments.
2. Polished concrete floors are dense, strong floors.
- Diamond polishing “tightens” the concrete surface, making them less porous and naturally resistant to the leading causes of concrete floor failure: moisture and chemical intrusion.
- Unlike concrete coatings that lay on the surface of the floor and wear away over time, the chemicals used in the polishing process penetrate the surface of the concrete and create a permanent increase in strength. This “concrete densification” and increased strength are more resistant to abrasion, impact, and marking.
3. Diamond polished concrete floors are naturally slip resistant.
- When properly maintained, diamond polished concrete floors retain the natural slip resistance of concrete. The lack of dusting of polished concrete actually maintains the coefficient of friction that can be compromised by the presence of dust and debris.
- Whether wet or dry, properly polished concrete floors, done with the proper chemicals can be certified as “High-Traction” floors by the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI).